Design / Build
The owner contracts with a design/builder to handle design, construction, and the permitting process. This arrangement typically allows a higher degree of cost control as the constructor and the designer are working together as a team toward a common goal. This arrangement also allows fast-track project delivery. The owner should have a high level of trust with the design/builder since the success of the project lies in this relationship. Owners should hire a design/building firm with impeccable credentials and a reputation as an honest, responsible and creative group.
- The owner only has a single contract for design and construction
- Least amount of owner risk of the delivery methods
- Early cost and schedule control of the project
- Fast-track design and construction, reducing in overall project duration
- Cost effective and efficient designs through builder / designer collaboration