E. P. Doyle & Son, LLC is seeking an experienced Project Superintendent for commercial, retail, and industrial projects. Position will be responsible for overseeing all trades and effectively managing daily on-site activities. The successful candidate must possess the knowledge, experience, and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants, and client while successfully directing the subcontractors and other construction-related personnel in planning, coordinating, and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule, and budget. This individual will work closely with the Project Manager and fulfill an integral role on the project. Candidate must be professional, and a personable leader committed to the overall objective and self -development within the company.
Please note – we are not seeking journeyman carpenters for this position.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Develop and manage project schedules. Monitor and maintain schedule on a weekly basis.
- Review submittals for compliance with contract requirements.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, scheduling, and potential construction problems.
- Contact, schedule and coordinate all subcontractors, suppliers, and utilities.
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings.
- Maintain a safe job site and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Act are enforced.
- Coordinate and direct independent testing and inspections as required.
- Ensure that “as-built” drawings are prepared on an ongoing basis by all trades during the construction period.
- Coordinate all required inspections.
- Implement and maintain stringent quality control procedures.
- Provide technical assistance with interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc.
- Ensure on-site personnel comply with project procedures, work rules, etc. Document violations and recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience as a Field Superintendent on commercial, retail, and industrial construction and site development.
- Strong communication, organizational, and supervisory skills are essential.
- Thorough knowledge of every aspect of construction (technology, equipment, methods) jurisdictions, cost control, and safety required.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, standards, processes, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Specialization in project sizes from $1M to $15M a plus.
- Knowledgeable with PC-based scheduling and spreadsheet applications including all Microsoft Office Suite applications, Microsoft Project, Bluebeam, Procore, or any other construction related software applications a plus.
- Competitive Base Salary
- 401(k) Match and Profit Sharing
- Excellent Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Pay
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com